Wood Group Pratt & Whitney has the experienced technical resources to perform or assist site personnel in support of your Gas Generator, Free Turbine and Balance of Plant needs.
Major Field Maintenance
Wood Group Pratt & Whitney maintains specialized tooling, equipment, and trained personnel to perform inspection of major components and modules. In many cases engines can be repaired in the field, with module exchanges saving valuable downtime. Our Technical Field Advisors are available for regularly scheduled or emergency on-site services for the following equipment:
Hot Section Inspection
Wood Group Pratt & Whitney provides advisory technical services and instruction to enable client personnel to complete hot section inspection/repair operations. borescope evaluation of the compressor and turbine sections allows the customer to benchmark equipment serviceability.
Annual Unit Audits
Wood Group Pratt & Whitney recommends annual full functional checkout, calibration, test, and adjustment of all engine/free turbine control and protective devices to ensure maximum reliability and proper function. Wood Group Pratt & Whitney can supply all specialized tooling and instrumentation to perform audits.
Technical Support Services
· Calibration and testing of vibration monitoring
· Monitoring and evaluation of mounts/alignment
· Trim balance
· Testing and evaluation
· Unit operation capability tests
· Gas generator, compressor, and
turbine operation evaluation
· Starting system maintenance/repair
· Removal/installation of gas generator or free turbine
· Fuel system changeovers
· Gas turbine maintenance management and preventative maintenance
· Assistance with R&D projects applied to GG/FT operations or maintenance
· Unit refurbishment, relocation, or retirements support